Raw vegan chocolate
Disclaimer: I claim no photos, clicking the photo will send you to the source. If you see a photo that belongs to you and would like it taken down, just tell me and I will happily do so!
RAW LEMON CASHEW CHEESECAKE
- 1 cup raw whole almonds
- 3/4 cup dried dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon water (or as needed)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
For the crust, combine whole almonds, dried dates and coconut flakes in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped and crumbly. It should stick together when pressed between two fingers. Add a tablespoon of water if it doesn’t stick and blend again. Repeat if necessary. Make sure the dough doesn’t get too wet.
With your fingers, press the crust mixture into bottom and sides of a cake pan with removable bottom. Make sure it is evenly covered. Set aside.
Combine drained cashews with lemon juice, coconut oil in the food processor and blend until it becomes smooth and creamy. Transfer mixture onto the crust in the cake pan. Spread evenly and smooth the top.
Put the cake in the freezer for 1-2 hours, or until firm. Remove from freezer, and cut into slices while still frozen. Then keep in refrigerator for 1 hour to defrost or 20 minutes on counter top before serving.
Serve with fresh berries
What you’ll need
1 - 3 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise*
red bell pepper, julienned
yellow bell pepper, julienned
carrots, julienned (I used baby carrots, cut into quarters)
sprouts/micro greens of choice
fresh cracked pepper
1 cup basil or kale
1 cup kale
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons tahini, optional
3 tablespoons or so extra virgin olive oil (if not using tahini add 1 or 2 extra tablespoons olive oil)
himalayan salt to taste
Amounts here will vary on how many your making, use your best judgement on how much you will need. If you can’t find sprouts or micro greens, try using cilantro or fresh basil leaves.
For the kale pesto, place ingredients into food processor and process until desired consistency. Taste for seasoning.
Lay your zucchini flat on a hard surface, layer with the pesto, add sprouts, veggies and starting from the veggie end, roll and stick with a toothpick in the center. Top with cracked pepper. Serve and enjoy!
* Look for the smaller zucchini, they will be the perfect size for these bite size rolls. The length and width is just right.
- 1 cup soaked and dehydrated buckwheat
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp sea salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp flax meal
- 1 1/2 cups carrot pulp OR grated carrot (if you use grated carrot, squeeze with paper towels tightly to remove excess moisture)
- 3/4 cup tightly packed pitted dates
- 1/3 cup water + extra as needed
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
Grind the buckwheat in a food processor fitted with an S blade till coarsely ground. Add the salt, cinnamon, and flax and grind till very finely ground.
Add the carrot and dates and pulse to combine. Keep processing till mixture is smooth. Add water as needed, till the mixture is mushy and even but not “wet” (you should be able to shape it into small, firm cookies that will hold their shape).
Pulse in the walnuts and raisins.
Place cookies on mesh-lined dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 115 for four hours or so. Flip them over, and continue dehydrating for another four hours, or until firm but not dried through.
- 1 large zucchini (1 per person)
- grape, cherry or mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- jalapeno, thinly sliced and seeds removed (optional)
- pea shoots (optional)
- zest of one meyer lemon or regular lemon
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced thick
- a few large leaves of basil (optional)
- 1 meyer lemon or regular lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper or black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
Prepare your zucchini noodles julienne style or spiralized. Or alternately, cook your pasta of choice, about 8 ounces.
For the puree, place all ingredients into a food processor/blender and process until creamy. Taste for flavor adding anything extra you might like.
Toss zucchini pasta with avocado-cucumber puree and a handful of arugula. Serve with tomatoes, peas shoots, jalapenos, lemon zest, lemon wedges and fresh cracked pepper.